Posts Tagged with “summer dresses”
Why do you think you need a little black dress in the summer. Everyone needs a little black dress, even in the summer. There are weddings, graduations, parties, and unexpected events that sometimes mean you will look in your closet and the lilac dress you bought earlier this spring thinking you would wear it with everything is not quite right for the soiree you will be attending. Because it is summer lots of people think wearing black is not appropriate or too heavy. However, lots of brands are making dresses in lighter fabrics and summer appliques. Here are your top five black dresses for summer:
- Candela Elle Mini Dress: This is a summery black dress with a scoop neck and total appliques and a scalloped hem. The sleeveless design and tulle material is great for the hot days. You can buy this dress for $225.
- Madison Marcus Balm Dress: This dress also has an elegant scoop neck and is made from print silk-chiffon. It is ruched at the waist and has a knotted band at the waist that pulls in so itâ€™s not shapeless. Iâ€™d buy this for $265.
- DV by Dolce Vita Colt Daisy Print Dress: This black dress has a cute daisy print on a black background and a cut out back with a lace tie. Itâ€™s made of cotton and is perfect for a summer picnic. Grab this at Piperlime for $132.
- Elizabeth and James Ikat Lou Silk Dress: This silk dress has a tight patterned bodice and a flared skirt. It has functional adjustable straps so anyone can wear it not matter their height. You can buy this at Shopbop for 50% off for $212.50.
- T by Alexander Wang Jersey Dress: This simple scoop neck knit dress is chic and trendy. It has an asymmetrical hem and is made with ultra soft, lightweight jersey. It is effortlessly cool and light enough great for this summer. You can find this at Nordstrom for $85.
Donâ€™t tell me that you closet has enough floral. Trust me, thatâ€™s not possible. There are so many different florals, not to mention different colors of the same ones. And what better a time to find some more floral dresses, than when flowers are actually blooming?
Here are my top 5 floral dresses for this summer:
Tucker Drawstring Cami Dress: I love the small red and pink floral clusters. This light silk scoop neck dress is simple, carefree and cute; not to mention that having on seam-pockets is great. Buy this on sale for $170.80 at Shopbop.
Alice + Olivia Fierra Dress: The best part of this dress is the floral, itâ€™s not specifically patterned like most floral dresses are, making it a unique find for your closet. Also, the inverted front pleat and v-neck cut make the dress super flattering. You can get this on Shopbop for $220.
Blu Moon Summer Lovinâ€™ Dress: This dress is made exclusively for Revolve Clothing. The ditsy floral is sweet, while the navy sets this frock apart from other dresses.Â Iâ€™d buy this at Revolve Clothing for only $187.
Stones Devin Dress: This dress comes in both floral and lace, but this post is about my top 5 floral dresses. The appropriate neckline and length is reminiscent of the 1950â€™s while the bold floral pattern makes it perfectly trendy nowadays. Personally, Iâ€™d match it with a pair of awesome wedges. This is a great price, at only $149, buy it at Revolve Clothing.
Summer is all about simple dresses that flow with the wind. If you are going on a vacation or staying in town in the heat, you will want some pieces that can keep you cool in hot humid sticky weather this summer.
Some of my favorites are halter dresses and other easy pieces. One of my favorites is the Joie Snake Cambridge Dress. Another favorite is the LA Made Karina Dress in Heather. The
Black Halo Selena Mini is a great option for a balmy night out. For a great casual sexy dress to wear in the day. I like the Amanda Uprichard Joan Dress in Peach – as seen on Audrina Patridge. The message this summer is simple elegant ease and grace. Click the photos to check out the dresses now.
Reese Witherspoon was spotted recently in NYC’s SOHO shopping with beau Jake Gyllenhaal in this blue floral dress by Thakoon called the Falling Petals Draped Dress. I like the print on her but I don’t understand the black fedora with the whole look. The print is a very beautiful watercolor floral look Thakoon is famous for.
As you know Michelle Obama also favors dresses by Thakoon.
Shopping and Info has an exclusive 25% off online email code for our readers. Click the banner below to shop Tobi for all your denim, accessories, boots, and summer dresses now.
This offer ends on April 16, 2009 PST 11:59PM. Shop Tobi now.
Get 25% off this beautiful Love Quotes Italian Linen Scarf by clicking here now.