Posts Tagged with “Naven”
Kate BeckinsaleÂ enjoyed a day of retail therapy last week looking stylish inÂ Naven‘sÂ Bardot BlazerÂ in white. Â She styled the look beautifully with a soft grey scarf and a grey blue Chanel bag with grey ankle boots. As usual she was stylish without going over the top.
Eva LongoriaÂ andÂ Maria MenounosÂ have also been seen wearing the line’s peplum blazer.Â Other celebrities who have recently stepped out in Naven includeÂ Julianne Hough,Â Julie Benz,Â Olivia Munn, andÂ Keke Palmer.
Eva LongoriaÂ stepped out to support politician Kate Anderson yesterday in LA wearingÂ Naven‘sÂ Bardot BlazerÂ in White and paired it withÂ Henry & Belle‘sÂ Super Skinny AnkleÂ in Superior.Â Eva has worn both of the lines before.
Kate attended UCLA where she served as Student Body President. Â Before graduating, she got an internship in Congressman Henry Waxmanâ€™s office.Â Four days into the internship, she was offered a full-time job. Â She took it and finished her degree working full-time and taking classes at night. After graduating, she earned her law degree from the University of Chicago and clerked onÂ the D.C. Circuit.Â She then returned to work for Congressman Waxman as Counsel for the Government Reform and Oversight Committee in the U.S. House of Representatives.
After getting married, Kate and her husband, Peter, decided to return home to Los Angeles. Â Kate got involved in the community, began her law career, and she and Peter started a family with the birth of twin girls, Darby and Emeline, on July 4, 2004.
When she returned from maternity leave, Kate struggled with balancing work and family as all parents do. Â She realized that employer-sponsored childÂ care would make that struggle easier. Using her experience building coalitions on Capitol Hill, she brought the idea to the managing partners, knocked on dozens of doors, and worked closely with a child care consultant. Nearly two years later, her law firm opened the first child care center sponsored by a law firm west of the Mississippi. Â This experience, along with her community involvement, inspired Kate to return to public service.Â She ran for State Assembly in 2010 in a crowded field.Â She was unsuccessful and went to work for Congresswoman Jane Harman.Â When Congresswoman Harman resigned from office, Kate wanted to findÂ a position that would allow her to use her political skills and analytical abilities to improve education.Â She found it in a non-profit child advocacy organizationÂ that works statewide on improving education, early learning and development, and healthcare.Â She runs the Los Angeles office for the organization.
Her twin daughters, Darby and Emeline, are in third grade at Mar Vista Elementary School.
Kate serves as an elected member of the Mar Vista Community Council and formerly served as President of the Hilltop Neighbors Association. Â She has also been active in Educate Our State, a parent-led advocacy organization, helping to organize rallies in support of education funding, lead house parties, and design and plan Camp Educate, which helped train parents to be advocates for education.Â Kate is also a board member of the Westside Infant-Family Network and Community Partners and is also an alternate member of the LA County Child Care Planning Committee. Â Now Kate is running for the LAUSD Board of Education in District 4 to make sure parents have a role in their childrenâ€™s education, teachers have all the resources they need to be successful, and our kids have the opportunities they deserve for their futures.
Katie CassidyÂ stunned inÂ Naven’sÂ redÂ BardotÂ dress at the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas this past weekend.Â Lucy Hale,Â Kylie Jenner, andÂ Karina SmirnoffÂ have all recently attended events in bright pieces from the line.
Naven can be found at Revolveclothing.com
Neon is in, everything is neon: neon pants, neon bags, even neon jewelry. If youâ€™re a less adventurous dresser, though, there are neon dresses and skirts. Here are your top 5 pieces:
- Oasis Pleat Skirt: This neon skirt is made in lightweight fabric with a semi-sheer overlay making it bright but not too overwhelming. It has a mid-rise waistband, and slimming accordion pleats. You can grab this at asos for about $70.
- Naven Bombshell dress in California blue: This dress is great for any poolside cocktail party. Itâ€™s in a bright blue, almost turquoise, shade and has a trendy exposed back zip. You can pick this up at Blue Heaven Boutique for $330.Â
- Madewell Casey Cami Dress: This light V-neck silk dress has seam detailing at the bodice, and an elegant ruched waist. There are also on-seam hip pockets so donâ€™t need a huge bag while youâ€™re walking around. You can buy this at shopbop for $138.Â
- Susana Monaco Slim Skirt: This neon mini skirt has ribbed banding and hits mid-thigh. Itâ€™s great to pair with sandals and sunglasses for summer. It even comes in multiple colors of neon so you can buy whichever color suits you. You can find this at shopbop for $74.Â
- Kimberly Taylor Peru Dress with Even Hem: This is a classy, scoop-neck silk dress that has piping at the waist and an exposed back zip. It also has cuffed short sleeves, adding to its classic look and perfectly counterbalancing its neon pink hue. You can get this at shopbop on sale for $225.Â