Posts Tagged with “Make Up Tips”
For summer I have been trying to find easier ways to work in my beauty routine. I do not want to wear too much make up on my face, but I still want to be able to look put together. Recently I went to my local CVS Drugstore in Los Angeles and started looking at all the different mascaras, lipsticks, and eyeliners they had available. I found some gems that I definitely wanted to share with you.
1. I was intrigued by the name and the pretty colored tubes of the Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm so I bought 2 tubes. The price was $3.75 per tube and I got the pink punch tint and the peach tint. The pink punch tint was a dark pink and very subtle on the lips and kept my lips hydrated all day long. The peach tint as more of a nude beige color and looked great when worn on top of a lip pencil. Since I have olive skin the peach by itself washed me out way too much so I used lipliner with it and it worked like a charm. This one definitely gives you those Angelina Jolie colored lips. Maybelline New York Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm, Pink Punch, 0.15 Ounce for $2.97.
2. Since I am very picky about my lipliner color – it has to be nude without too much brown, but with less beige – it can be difficult to ever find the right color unless you get to test it out like when you are in a department store. At CVS the products are sealed because the ones that are opened are often tried on by many people and without a counter person, it is best that the make up is sealed for hygiene reasons. So finding the right shade of liner is often a challenge, but when you do find the right color, the price compared to department stores makes it all worth it. I recently fell in love with the Revlon Colorstay lipliner in the color Natural and it is exactly what the name says it is – it is a natural lipliner color that stays on for hours. And it cost $15 Â versus $28 at a department store. Revlon ColorStay Lipliner, Natural, 0.01 Ounces (Pack of 2)Â for $7.50 on sale.
3. Mascara is always a big thing in my world of make up. I am obsessed with volume in my lashes and I want them to be as thick as possible. Length is never a concern of mine because I feel that the volume in eyelashes really give the look of a defined eye. I wanted to make a change from my mascara because it was not giving me the type of volume I was liking anymore. Since I was at CVS and I did a ton of research on a make up form, I decided to try one of the ones recommended by users on that forum. The one recommended was the Loreal Volumninous False Lashes in darkest black. This mascara did everything it said and more. I got the deepest darkest full lashes I had ever had in my life. And it did not clump or flake. The price was $7 versus my normal $25 mascara. L’Oreal Voluminous False Lashes Mascara, Blackest Black, 0.34 OunceÂ for $6.74.
I bought a few other items also including the Revlon colorstay eyeliner in dark brown, Revlon Colorfast lipstick in Rosy Nude, the Revlon Pink in the Afternoon lipstick. The best part about shopping at CVS was the fact that I got instant CVS cash back upon checkout if any of the items were on sale. So in the end I saved a total of $28 off my purchase because I used the $28 cash from CVS to buy the things I originally went to CVS to buy before I got sidetracked by the make up aisles.
After watching Angelina Jolie’s brief interview on her Hollywood premiere of “In the Land of Blood and Honey” it dawned on me that the rest of you probably want to know what make up Angelina Jolie uses to get that luminescent skin and signature smokey eyed look.
She probably gets photo facials and oxygen facials and special foods before big events, however there are some things that the rest of us can buy from our department stores that she uses to get her Hollywood glamorous look for premieres. Of course not all of us have those lips, eyes or cheek bones, but there are some make up secrets that can help us get some of the looks.
- Moisturize: use your favorite hydrating moisturizer to the face and neck.
- Foundation: apply a light layer of medium coverage oil-free foundation to the face with a sponge. For Angelina Jolie, Matin uses Laura Mercier Foundation in Honey Beige.
- Concealer: use conditioner to cover up dark circles. Matin suggest the Stila Cover Up Stick in color B available at Sephora.com.
- Powder: To set the look, use Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil Powder all over the face. This mineral veil
- Blush: Matin mentioned really liking Fresh Cream Blush in Age of Innocence. Apply to the apples of the cheeks and blend.
- Eye Make Up: Angelina always uses the Guerlain Terracotta Loose Kohl Powder in Deep Charcoal Black. Apply in a thick line to the upper lids then smudge the outer corners. Apply in a thinner line to the lower lids. Apply a white shadow to the top of the lids and finish with two coats of Nars lengthening mascara.
- Lips: lips should be lightly lined with a nude liner like the one by Nars and then use a lip brush to evenly apply a creamy lipstick such as the Nars lipstick in Barbarella to finish off the whole look.